• Scenery on the Santa Fe

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by snowplough

I'm thinking about switching to the ATSF, but I'm in love with the scenery of the Appalachian states.

So my question is: Is there a stretch anywhere on the ATSF system map where one has a fair amount of hills and tunnels, but one *doesn't* have that sparse southwestern vegetation?

snowplough

by Otto Vondrak

You might want to try this question in our Southwestern Forum.

-otto-