• Kato's on the ball... What's the holdup with True line Train

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by fl9m2026

Kato has already released their MP36PH-3S and modern Gallery car sets in N scale. I just saw these things announced not too long ago in MR. TLT has had their HO MPXpress locos "in the works" since 2008..... come on guys.... let's get with it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KATO-N-MP36PH-C ... 3a6bf2588c

If only Kato would release these in HO, along with these modern gallery cars... maybe the competition would light a fire under TLT. And even if it didn't, and TLT's project folds, we'd have the Kato's in HO and N.
  by mlrr

TLT has exclusive rights (I believe) with Motive Power for the HO model so a duplicate production run is not likely although I hope Kato does scale up the modern gallery cars for an HO run. I suggest selling them in sets of three (with an option to add on) if they're worried about sales per-unit. My speculation is that Kato will likely wait to see if/when TLT releases the MP36s (not the MP40) which are due after the MP40. Once on the market KATO might consider an HO production however; there's no reason why they can't produce them now with the circulation of METRA, CALTRAN and VRE F40s that Walters produced YEARS ago.

I also believe that KATO has their own production facilities so they're not subject to delays and project production backlogs like most of the other guys unless something within their control goes wrong.

I completely understand your frustrations I have four units reserved myself. Additionally it's becoming harder to manage my savings because I always run the risk of dipping (unintentionally) into the money I've saved up for these, forgetting why I have this extra money sitting around.