• Dysarts-Hermon ME, Snow Blower

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by KSmitty

Yesterday I was in Hermon, and a large green snowblower pulled into the Dysarts parking lot. The machine was on a flatbed truck, and I just figured it was being brought in by one of the big truck companies to keep their lots clear this winter. Anyway, I drove back by, and got to see the side of the beast. It had RR wheels on it...

So, anyone know if PAR or MMA has purchased some fresh from the factory snow fighting equipment? Or maybe where it came from?
  by Tim Mullins

Did you by chance see any markings on the truck?...Just wondering because Pan Am/Guilford owns a couple of TT units that haul
there own equipment around.
  by KSmitty

Didn't notice, the cab was hidden as I followed it and then when I drove back by it was parked facing away from the road.
  by oibu

If it was green, I would guess maybe it's NBSR/EMRY/Maine Northern's?
  by Tim Mullins

News Item on 7 news in Boston last night stated that the MBTA had purchased additional snow fighting equipment for the commuter rail....Maybe that had something to do with what you saw at Dysarts?....Not sure myself.
  by KSmitty

Tim Mullins wrote:News Item on 7 news in Boston last night stated that the MBTA had purchased additional snow fighting equipment for the commuter rail....Maybe that had something to do with what you saw at Dysarts?....Not sure myself.
I keep kicking myself for not taking the time to investigate further... May well be for MNR, since it was green, thats why at first I figured Dysart's had gotten a new plow for their lots, was Dysart green.