• Ditch light again

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by JBConn

I read the previous thread about PanAm not using ditch light pulsers and understand it. This photo seems to show either 519 has a bulb out, or that the 500 series may have pulsers

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... ate&page=1

Reason I ask is that I'm doing models of some 511 and likely another 500. Want to know if I should spend extra $ for extra functions on the control circuit.

Thanks
  by MEC407

Yeah, it's just got a burned out bulb. Happens every now and then. :-)
  by jr145

Or daily....
  by Tim Mullins

On those 500's, sometimes if you tap the bulb with your hand ( wearing a glove) the light will come on.....Did that a few times.
  by MEC407

I assume it was mentioned in the other thread, but just in case it wasn't, MEC 382 does have flashing ditch lights. I believe it's the only unit in the fleet that does. It came that way from NS.