• KATO AC44 shell

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Joe

Anyone know the secret to getting the shell off of my KATO AC44? I've been "gently (yeah right) squeezing the sides of the body inward, with attention to the location of hooks at the bottom edge of shell, and lifting" for about 2 hours now with no success. I've squeezed the hood, the deck, tried pulling--nothing is working! I'd really like the put the details on locomotive, but apparently KATO doesn't want all their customers to be satisfied. :(

Thanks in advance!

by ANDY117

Stupid Question. Does it have screws?

by Joe

No, it just has these hooks that hold the shell to the walkways, which are somehow attached to the undecarriage. The instructions on getting it off are very vague.

by Joe

WELL! I got it off, but the instructions are still very vague. I'm gonna put all the details on before I put the shell back on... :P

by Chuck Walsh

www.katousa.com has a frequency asked question column.