Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by terry03

Is there a forum that deals with the Staten Island Rapid Transit Co. I have pictures of 2 bridges that were built sometime in the 30's, but, I can't identify the streets.
  by Jeff Smith

The best place to discuss SIRT is MTA NYC Subway forum. If you're looking for historical aspects, I believe it was owned by the B&O, so check the fallen flag forum for information on the B&O.
  by Otto Vondrak

Yes:

MTA NYC Subway
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway system, including the Staten Island Railway (former SIRT) and the South Brooklyn Railway (SBK).

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=68

B&O sold the rapid transit operation to the city in 1970.

-otto-
  by XBNSFer

Actually 1971 was when the B&O sold the SIRT to the City (that ran the B&O trains out of business by subsidizing buses at 1/2 the cost of the trains).
  by XBNSFer

terry03 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:03 pm Is there a forum that deals with the Staten Island Rapid Transit Co. I have pictures of 2 bridges that were built sometime in the 30's, but, I can't identify the streets.
Care to share or link to your pics? Might be able to identify them if we saw the pbotos...
  by andrewjw

You're asking someone who posted 10 years ago to share pics - and necroposting in every SIRT thread at once. These aren't active conversations.