Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by efin98

Two questions about the station: 1. when is the rebuilding supposed to finish and 2. What lines will serve it.
I have tried to find info about it online and have come up short. Any information will be helpful.

by R142A

It's supposed to open on May 23. The lines that will serve it will be the D, F, B, and Q.

by efin98

thanks, that's great news!

by JayMan

R142A wrote:It's supposed to open on May 23. The lines that will serve it will be the D, F, B, and Q.
So there is to be no N service to Stillwell? Or is the N going to be connected later?

by R142A

JayMan wrote:
R142A wrote:It's supposed to open on May 23. The lines that will serve it will be the D, F, B, and Q.
So there is to be no N service to Stillwell? Or is the N going to be connected later?
Sorry, you're right, forgot to list the N-sea beach line.

by IslesFan

Actually the D is going to be using the N's platform while they rebuild the west end platform at stillwell after the rest of the station is done, hence no N til next year.

by R142A

IslesFan wrote:Actually the D is going to be using the N's platform while they rebuild the west end platform at stillwell after the rest of the station is done, hence no N til next year.
Ahh, thanks for the correction!

by AnthonyB

Here is a link with some picture showing the status of the station reconstruction. They better get it finished I am tired of taking the bus to Cyclone games. :D

http://thejoekorner.quuxuum.org/nyctbmt ... index.html
  by BMT

Actually, I was down at Stillwell today and work on the station is going fast and furious. While a crew was working on the overall superstructure, a NYCT track crew was busy install track on the F ROW between Stillwell and West 8th Street. In a few days the F section will be completed. Too bad I didn't have a camera with me at the time. :(

by The Caternary Type

and there's this service advisory:
Coney Island-bound trains run express on the N from 36 St
to Stillwell Av

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/service/pdf_f/16_dco.pdf
Do they have the track up and running?