• NYSW garbage transfer site deemed illegal

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by trainfreak

Well i think a lot of empties came down on one of this weeks SU100's because it was 112 cars long! Thats huge for an eastbound. Hopefully with the lease of the Southern Tier trains will be more frequent and the flow of empty cars in and loaded cars out will become more fluid.

by Tri-State Tom

Irish -

"....there's one in Relocated Bayway in Elizabeth, NJ (right across the street from the Anchor Tavern, where part of "War Of The Worlds" was filmed; "

Really ?

One of my favorite old sci-fi flicks....scared the crap outta me as a kid.

Recall which scene has this ?

by Irish Chieftain

Sorry...meant the upcoming new-remake WOTW, the one that's going to have Tom Cruise in it.

by nick11a

Irish Chieftain wrote:Sorry...meant the upcoming new-remake WOTW, the one that's going to have Tom Cruise in it.
Yeah, a friend of mine told me that. Also he mentioned Jersey City I believe. Fitting that they had scenes depicting the end of the world in the Jersey City area. :-D (Although, some of it has improved quite a bit in recent years.)

by David Hutchinson

The CD is only being delivered to the site next to Resources, as this facility receives empties to load. The huge pile in now down to ground level. Heard that they might have to move operation "indoors." They had talked about erecting a huge tent on the Resources property with the NYSW leasing the property.