• OD Train

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by boatsmate

Driving through West Boylston tonight Sunday ( 7/10/11) spotted a large transformer (looks like) sitting nexted to the siding. Earlier in the week I saw a 6 axel low boy sitting in the siding where they have in the past unloaded, Also this is where they are storing the track equipment for the work along the line. the transoformer showed up yesterday on a low boy truck (mutli axel) not sure where it cam from or where it is going to, also saw them tonight preping for a crane to move the transformer over to the car. looks like monday AM for the crane. I will try to check out the are and report back
  by jaymac

On 07-11-2011 at 1050, West Boylston PD had Maple Street, an approach to Shrewsbury Street, shut down at the tee intersection with Temple Street. A bit further south on Temple Street, crews had removed the crossing-protection-lights cantilever arm over Temple Street/Route 140. Just south and east of the crossing is a major National Grid substation, so at least some of the evidence points to the substation being the transformer destination.
Earlier the same morning, 0750, track equipment was working west on both sides of the Prescott Street crossing. Busy days for otherwise-sleepy West Boylston!
  by jwhite07

There was a 12-axle (I think - hard to count and drive) depressed center flatcar in the Ziff Paper siding at Shrewsbury Street as of this past Sunday. Probably connected to the observed transformer move. A bunch of track maintenance equipment will need to be moved before it goes anywhere again.

Good thing that Maple/Temple shutdown happened when it did! That's how I get to work and home again!! Though I generally go through there at oh-dark-early and again in the throes of the evening rush, not midday, and I was out of town anyway.