• MMA Locomotive Roster Questions

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

by KSmitty

I was wondering what changes the MM&A roster has seen, if any, since the MNR took over the state owned lines.

Have any been sold, scrapped, or stored?

The #502 thread seems to have died as well, is it still stored at Derby OOS?

Also, I know this time last year there was a thread kicking around the forums on the topic of ex-CN/MMA SD40-2's. 758 entered service, what happened to the other 4-5 units. Did they wind up scrapped, stripped for parts for Poland, or operating on the MMA?

Thanks!
  by BAR

I don't know what has happened since the takeover as to sale or other disposition of locomotives.

To the best of my knowlege as of the middle of May:

502 is no longer owned by the MM&A.

758 is stored in operating condition and the other four SD-40-2's are stored at Derby in need of heavy repairs.
  by MEC407

If 502 has in fact been sold, that is BIG news! Mr. BAR, do you have any more information about that?
  by Tom Tancula

Where do some of you get your information?

502 is still in Derby, stored and owned by MM&A. Two of Rail World's SD40-2 units have been stripped of parts for projects in Europe.

TNT
  by MEC407

Mr. Tancula, thank you for the clarifications/corrections. Much appreciated.
  by KSmitty

Thanks!

A follow up question if I may,
Are 8569 and 8592 still the only MMA painted units?
  by Tom Tancula

Yes those are the only two in MM&A colors.
  by jjoyce1

BAR wrote:To the best of my knowlege as of the middle of May:

758 is stored in operating condition and the other four SD-40-2's are stored at Derby in need of heavy repairs.
758 was active and working Brownville Junction on June 15, 2011.

JAJ
  by KSmitty

Thanks again Mr. Tancula!

Thanks for the update on 758 Mr. Joyce.