• Train mauls car at MP 190

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by jaymac

Per the story, no charges filed and under investigation by railway police? Doesn't Maine have a trespass statute?
  by KSmitty

I wish the news industry could figure out the railroad industry..."Monday a Gilford Transportation train"...come on Gilford???

And Jaymac, I bet charges will follow, if that the scrap in his truck is tie plates, spikes, or any other assorted RR metal, or if there were any damages to the train...
  by MEC407

Good thing the Downeaster isn't running through there yet... the incident would have had a vastly different outcome.
  by Hux

KSmitty wrote:I wish the news industry could figure out the railroad industry..."Monday a Gilford Transportation train"...come on Gilford???

And Jaymac, I bet charges will follow, if that the scrap in his truck is tie plates, spikes, or any other assorted RR metal, or if there were any damages to the train...
Hmmm, he drove down the tracks for a "conversation with the girlfriend" and then the passenger side of the truck gets torn off. Bet he is single now eh? ;)
  by Tim Mullins

Stupid Train shouldn't have been there!
  by MEC407

Seriously. Whenever I want to have a heart-to-heart discussion with my significant other, we go driving down the railroad tracks. Damned railroad trying to take away my quality time.

*headdesk*
  by TPR37777

The charges should have been Reckless Conduct, Trespassing, Receiving Stolen Property, and Criminal Conspiracy (the female passenger would probably skate on the first, not being the operator of the truck). But alas, the local police department deferred to the railroad police department, and most likely no charges will ever be filed. They should have been charged right then and there, this is hardly a matter requiring an investigation of any depth. People lose confidence in law enforcement when they read the phrase "no charges have been filed" in the face of such obviousness, and with good reason.
  by gokeefe

MEC407 wrote:Good thing the Downeaster isn't running through there yet... the incident would have had a vastly different outcome.
Both the Back Road and the Lower Road run through Falmouth. I'm not aware of where exactly MP 190 is. Is that TT WEST of Royal Junction? I understand based on some replies that it is on the Lower Road TT EAST of Royal Junction but I wanted to be sure. The photo didn't show any rail laying on the ground and there was also indication of nighttime activity on the Lower Road either in any of the forums.
  by Tim Mullins

MP-190 is west of Royal and CPF-185 and is in the town of Falmouth. Right at Falmouth Rd.
  by CN9634

CPF185 is Royal Junction (Where back and low roads split) located off Greely, Rd in Cumberland.
MP190 is in West Falmouth. MP190 is TT west of CPF185 and on the new Downeaster Route.