• Train Crew at NLR Release to start

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by cjb1989

I recently got the job offer for train service in North Little Rock. My background cleared pretty soon and I went in and got my medical and PAT right away. I was wondering how long it took some of you guys to get released to start after you took your medical and PAT. Been 2 weeks since my medical physical and starting to wonder if i should try to check into it somehow. Class starts in june. Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks
  by yuice20

i took my medical and PAT this past monday and tuesday and my status was updated on thursday saying I was good to go. this was for UP
  by SJM

CJB, Mine was about two to three weeks from med/pat/background to rel to start. No news is usually good news. Check the websight daily. This was for UP train crew.
  by Big Sam

Hey CJB, I did the same as you and I was just cleared the other day for the June 27th class. It took my background a long time for some reason.
  by Big Sam

There is alot of mis-information out there, but in NLR for Train Crew Initial Training the wage is $162.70 per day. This changes every year per the CBA.
  by hazyngrey

So are all the posters in this thread starting training in NLR on the 27th? As for the way mine played out, I got the call on Memorial day, did all the testing the next week and two weeks from the day I got the call I got the released to start status update. I start training on the 27th as well.