• Beacon Park Q-train schedules

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by roberttosh

With the big increase in traffic due to the partial closure of Worcester, am wondering how many Intermodal trains depart Beacon Park daily and at what times. Thanks in advance!
  by bandaconductor

Sunday-Saturday q117 on duty at 930pm during the week and 730pm on the weekends but the past couple of Saturdays has been 430pm.
Monday-Friday q115 on duty at 615pm
Saturday q105 sometime between 3pm and 6pm usually when there is a crew available.
Tuesday-Saturday q119 at 100am
also q113 has reappeared running on Saturday and Sunday.

in bound van trains are q114, l172, q168, q164, q122
  by lakeshoredave

why was worcester partially closed? i thought csx was moving out of beacon park?
  by CSX Conductor

Is Q113 running lite to Worcester for a P&W pick-up like it used to or is it handling van traffice out of Bos?
  by jaymac

lakeshoredave-
Worcester is undergoing major reformatting and expansion to become an IM terminus. To expedite the changes, there is a temporary shift of some IM to Beacon Park. When changes are complete, the Park should start its transition to a memory. For more information, possibly more information than you want, you can check out the nearby "CSX Boston and Albany Line" thread, say from late block 31 to present.
  by roberttosh

Driving out of Boston yesterday on the Mass Pike at @ !:00 PM I saw a very, very long EB single stack container train a few miles west of the yard. Lots and lots of Schneider containers, which I believe have been shifted from Worcester to Boston.
  by 161pw165

Supposedly, the only IM traffic into Worcester during the expansion project is UPS and whatever they are going to interchange w/ P&W.