• B&M F series 7572

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by drvmusic

My friend has an HO Scale Model B&M F series, road number 7572, but I can't find any information about this road number. Anyone know what this is? I think the box said it was the "Minuteman."
  by MEC407

Yeah, B&M never had any F-units in that number series, or any diesel locomotives for that matter. The F-units were in the 4200 series. The E-units were in the 3800 series.
  by merrman

Not all model manufacturers made prototypically correct models, particularly when it came to
road numbers. This was particularly true in the early days. This particular model is a perfect
example of that.
  by MEC407

A few years ago I remember seeing an HO scale GP7 or GP9, painted in Guilford colors and numbered in the 300 series. That definitely never existed in real life. You gotta wonder what some of these model manufacturers are thinking...