• Motive Power Update?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by HO Jct

How is NYSW coming along on the power shortage? Do we have any up to date locomotive rosters?

by ANDY117

Cartier 78 has been drilling Binghamton yard. I have also seen 4002, and 4006. one of the E-8's has been out front. An ex- NW Sd40 has just been sitting there.

by trainfreak

So far i have heard online that the NYSW is supposed to get 6 ALCo and MLW units in total. Two were recieved within the last 2 weeks and both are getting fixed up and readied for service.

by AmtrakFan

Where are their SD70M's?

John

by ANDY117

Somewhere in the midwest, i forget who's leasing them. But NYSW is making a profit off it.

by washingtonsecondary

ANDY117 wrote:Somewhere in the midwest, i forget who's leasing them. But NYSW is making a profit off it.
Indianna and Ohio is leasing them.

by Lehigh Valley Railroad

They ever get around to selling them E units?

by bystander

Do they use any engnins with 4 axels, or is at all big stuff.

by ANDY117

No, one of the E-units has been here in Bonghamton for a while. It's 2402

Bystander, they use SD45's, Ex-NS SD40's, and GP40's (all high nose) GP20's, a GP38, a GP40, SD40T-2's, MLW 636's, B40-8's, E8's, a NW2, a SW1. Probably more i haven't seen. F45 3636 is unknown whether it will ever run again.

by trainfreak

Just some clarification. The ex NS units are all high hoods except i think one got chopped and got the nose of one of the srapped 45's. The GP40 leasers they have are all ex Guilford and all low noses. I think there are three of those in total.

by ANDY117

I really hope they bring back 3636....

by O-6-O

On my way out for a pizza I caught the UT-1 spotten a box car(Railbox)
at SCI on the New York Mills Ind. Power was HATX 516 ex GTI/B&M 312
gp40-2. Ugly paint,nasty horn. Good night for fanning though. Luke warm
pizza and pissed off wife didn't enhance the evening however.

STEAM ON
/--OOO-:-oo--oo-

by ANDY117

Metra cars, and 2 alcos were tonights highlights. 77 and 78.

by AmtrakFan

Why don't they buy more of thier own power?