• NY&A on Law and Order?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by mwichten

Anyone catch Law and Order last night? During the episode one of the characters under investigation wa found dead on the railroad tracks. There were plenty of green locomotives with a single white stripe on the yard tracks in the background, and there was a bridge spanning the yard. I have never been to Fresh Pond, but it had striking resemblence to the photos I have seen posted.

by jayrmli

Yes, the episode was filmed at Fresh Pond a couple of months ago.

Jay
  by BMT

That reminds me. Back in the summer of 2001 (I think it was August) there was a film crew from the series 'Third Watch' down in the Bay Ridge cut by the ENY tunnel portal. They were using the 'General Lee' (I think that's what that former boxcar is called) and it was a BIG setup. They had a catering truck and dressing room trailers out on Junius Street by Pitkin Ave. Does anyone know if that segment was ever aired??? I ask this because the 911 disaster occurred only a few weeks later. The series subsequent focused many shows on the aftermath of that fateful day.

Also, was NYA aware of the filming?

by DogBert

I don't know if that episode aired. I can't recall having seen it. I'd imagine NYA knew, but I wonder if they got paid for location rental? Some private land owners make a decent amount of money renting locations out for filming. Other people like me sometimes make a few bucks finding such locations for them to film at...

About 2 years ago I was hired for a day to bring a band to some rough parts of town so they could get some urban type photos. One of the spots I brought them to was the bushwick branch, by the crossing at metro with all the trash and grime. Since it was right at the public street crossing we didn't bother getting permission beyond street permits from the city. Easiest 1000 I ever made in one day. We just had one big location truck (RV), fully catered for around 10 people.

(The band was 'Jet' - probably best known for their song on those ipod commericals (well, pre U2 vertigo). I still laugh a bit when I hear them come on 92.3 k rock. Back at the time of the shoot they were entirely unknown, though I figured they'd get somewhere given all the money the record company was throwing around)