• A few new pictures from the layout

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by CIOR

Decided this morning that I would take the digital down to the basement and grab a few photos. I set up 3 different trains and started grabbing pics.
When I went to upload them, only the images of the PLE unit were good, remainder contained errors (first this has ever happened to me)
anyway, here is the latest...

Work on the reload facility is making progress. All of the groundwork is complete, now to build and add in the pipework and storage tanks.

by Otto Vondrak

Excellent! Black and gold P&LE units always look good. Go Steelers!

Keep the pictures coming, we look forward to progress on the CIOR!

-otto-

by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Very Nice! Also like that BAR unit lashed to it!

Chris

by mlrr

Very impressive!

What kind of space do you have to work with (dimensions), and is it a "circular" layout or "end-to-end"? (If anyone know's what I'm trying to ask, please let me know the correct terminoligy)

by CIOR

Its a triple deck layout. The lowest deck is Hawthorn Yard and staging yards, the middle deck is the western portion of the layout, the upper deck is the eastern end. The middle and upper decks are connected via a helix, the lower deck and middle deck are connected by a long slope loop (not really a helix). At each end of the layout there are return loops, these have storage or staging yards, to stage thru freight traffic.

The size of the layout is 40'x30' basically. By keeping it to only the outside walls, its not as big as you think (still close to 500' of mainline).
http://www.trainweb.org/cior/layoutmap.html

by mlrr

Nice!

No, believe me; almost anything else is allot of space considering what I currenty have to work with, lol.

Keep up the great work!