• caboose markings

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by wis bang

i think it was the dates of build, re-build, painting & serviceng

by Lehigh Valley Railroad

^ yep.

Also repack dates.

by scottychaos

hmmm..thanks guys.
anyone have a photo clear enough where the actual text can be made out?
doesent have to be that specific caboose, any LV caboose carrying that data patch will do.
I want to make a decal of it, and I want the lettering to be at least plausable..
thanks,
Scot

by Drawhead

Scot, I looked thru some of the LV caboose photo's i have and it looks like the black square with the stenciling started showing up in the early 70's i have one photo of 95106 from Bobs photos that show's it pretty good on the bottom right hand side somewhat below the first window.In the black square it say's:

L.V.R.R.-S
2-1-73
RPKD- L.V.R.R.-S
2-1-73
ATLAS LUB.

I presume the S after the L.V.R.R. would be for Sayre.When i bought my caboose LV95026 back in 1995 from Renovo Pa. i could barely make out the old LV stenciling in the square wich was then painted over in Conrail blue but its last LV RPKD date was in 72 It did have the newer Conrail repack date markings from 6-76 and also the bad order marking stencil from 9-78 So i guess she only served Conrail for a few short years.She also had Lehigh Division stenciled across the bottom on the rivet line in the center.

by scottychaos

thanks DH!
Scot