• Not a good evening on the Stoughton Line

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

here is what has happened tonight in Stoughton:

Attleboro/Stoughton Line
Inbound Stoughton train #922 (6:42 PM) is running approximately 10 minutes late due to mechanical problems.

Inbound Stoughton train #924 (7:19 PM) is disabled and will be cancelled.

Inbound Stoughton train #926 (7:35 PM) will be pushing 924, and will run about 20 minutes late.
  by GP40MC1118

The culprit was the 1069...

D

by AEM7AC920

Are you sure your number aren't tied :wink: because that is an F40 number and not a GP40MC unit. :(

by Robert Paniagua

Well, remember, F40s are not immune from breaking down, just like their GP40MC brothers. F40s have also had their share of problems but nothing compared to the GP40MC.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

the GP40MC's aren't ACSES equipped so they can't go to stoughton :wink:

by apodino

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:the GP40MC's aren't ACSES equipped so they can't go to stoughton :wink:
Am I correct to assume that anything running south of Forest Hills on the NEC must be ACSES equipped? (i.e., Attleboro, Stoughton, and Franklin) Hence they can only run F40's on these routes. I thought I have seen the GP40's on some of these routes before.

Another question. I thought GP40s were brought in for old colony service. Howcome they aren't used as much on that line anymore and the T decided to screw the north side people somewhat?

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

during the summer, the GP40's were on the Attleboro/stoughton lines because Amtrak disabled the ACSES system for a long time, but now that it is back on, the GP40's can only do the Worcester and old colony lines

by CSX Conductor

apodino wrote:Am I correct to assume that anything running south of Forest Hills on the NEC must be ACSES equipped? (i.e., Attleboro, Stoughton, and Franklin) Hence they can only run F40's on these routes.
Yes Dino, you are correct. ACSES Rules are in effect between the western limits of Cove Interlocking & Mill River (Just east of New Haven, CT.).

Perhaps you may have seen the GP40's on either te Needham or Stoughton lines prior to this past year because up until sometime in early 2004, ACSES was only in effect between the western limits of Junction Interlocking & Mill River. :wink:

(BTW, the direction of the NEC is East/West. :wink:

by apodino

That makes a lot of sense now. I didn't even realize the T had ACSES equipped vehicles. I learn something knew every day.

by ST214

GP40MC's should have ACSES. it was part of the Ossippe retrofit. Only equipment without ACSES should be 1600's, except for 1649, which has ACSES.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

All the F40's are ACSES equipped, and 1921 had it also, im not sure about 904 or 902, i know 3247 doens't have it

by CSX Conductor

apodino wrote:That makes a lot of sense now. I didn't even realize the T had ACSES equipped vehicles. I learn something knew every day.
No A.C.S.E.S. = no running on the NEC in A.C.S.E.S. territory..............this goes for all railroads, i.e. Amtrak, MBTA, CSXT, ShoreLine East and the P&W. :wink:

by ST214

Yes, let me correct myself. All MBTA CR equipment has ACSES Except 1625-1647, 1650-1652, and 3247. 902 and 904 should both have it also. From what i hear, 3247 will never get ACSES so don't expect to see it on the Southside.