• 65th Street Yard, spending money

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by jtunnel

Railroad Construction is active in the yard area (again). Installing ties and profiling ballast near the float bridges.

Hope to get some photos up soon.
  by JoeRailRoad

jtunnel wrote:Railroad Construction is active in the yard area (again). Installing ties and profiling ballast near the float bridges.

Hope to get some photos up soon.
It's my understanding that NYNJ Rail will have the use of one float Bridge and four tracks in the yard.

Joe
  by JoeRailRoad

jtunnel wrote:Quick shot in fading light:

http://jtunnel.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=2404911

Good that someone will be using them. Wonder if they'll fix the rail compatibility issue on the float bridges. (From what I understand the rail on the car floats and the bridges are two different sizes)
Maybe that's what the work of Railroad Construction Co. will rectify.

Joe
  by Ðauntless

4th time's the charm? RCC has been down there for awhile working, Looks like they stopped when the snow hit. RCC might as well build a base in the City. There constantly lending a hand/working with NYNJ and NYA.
  by BobLI

It has to be about 20 years since that yard was going to be used? Lets hope this isnt another waste of money like the other times were!
  by R36 Combine Coach

jtunnel wrote:Quick shot in fading light:

http://jtunnel.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=2404911

Good that someone will be using them. Wonder if they'll fix the rail compatibility issue on the float bridges. (From what I understand the rail on the car floats and the bridges are two different sizes)
Great shot, though. The Bayonne shoreline is visible and also the CSAO/LV Newark Bay Bridge. Downtown Newark at upper right.
  by Ðauntless

They ran an empty float over to the bridges on Friday. Not sure why.
  by spidey3

Ðauntless wrote:They ran an empty float over to the briges on Friday. Not sure why.
I seem to recall that there were some rail height issues which needed to be resolved before 65th St. could be used. Perhaps they are working on this?