• New symbol - LAEV

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by csrrfan86

Checking out NErail the other day I aw some pics of LAEV in Salem. Now im assuming they work FROM lawrence down to Everett and Salem. Did this job take over for the normal LA-1/LA-2? And is it on a schedule (thats a funny question!). Ive been over in Afghanistan for almost a year and havent been able to keep track of things back home.

http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=184002 \

Thanks
  by Mcoov

It may simply be a funny name. Pan Am has been known to use some rather wacky identifiers, or even changing identifiers in transit. For example, AYMO turned into FIMO after working Fitchburg one day.
  by Trinnau

FIMO was an autorack train that was run out of Fitchburg - an extra train essentially.

LAEV is a new job - in addition to LA1/LA2. Increased business from a scrap dealer in Everett.
  by tom18287

are all those engines still sitting up a salem?
  by BigLou80

Mcoov wrote:It may simply be a funny name. Pan Am has been known to use some rather wacky identifiers, or even changing identifiers in transit. For example, AYMO turned into FIMO after working Fitchburg one day.
Today I heard " LOADED COAL TRAIN" along with MOAY radioing dispatch a dozen times.

I also saw some cars with the SSEX reporting mark, totally un related I know