• 607 to the Rescue, 01-17-2011

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by jaymac

Didn't start listening early enough to hear why, but D-3 gave 607 the ok to head west of CPF-GL as a light-engine move, so around 0800 I headed to Gardner to see what was up. Nothing at Gardner was the answer, so back down the hill to 345. Nothing in sight. Over to 5th Mass. Tpk., where, east of 343, a marker and slurry tanks were immobile on 1. On the radio, 607 was now advising D-3 it was on ED495, so my next stop was Wachusett, where 607, 604, and 641 plus what would turn out to be 52 slurry tanks were on 1, waiting for air tests and handbrake releases as well as radio OKs to move because 604 had oily walkways and grab-irons as well as 6" of piston travel. OKs given over the radio, and 607 and friends were on the move at 0930, getting east and clear of Wachusett at 0936 and east wye at 1040.
What did I re-learn today?
-A coat of NewBlue paint does fix everything.
-The folks who set and release hand-brakes in extreme conditions just aren't paid enough.