• Many more vintage photos recently posted

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by frank754

Hi folks,
I originally posted about my rail site in the Erie-Lackawanna Fallen Flags forum, but since then have added quite a few more broad-ranging photos from around the U.S. (and some Mexico).
Except for the newest shots and some fairly recent (post-1980) work I haven't gotten to yet, I've got over 1400 rail/transit photos now up on the site, most directly scanned from negatives and usually 800 pixels wide.
I think just about all I have from 1969-1980 is now on the site. Here's (sort of) a rundown so if you see anything of interest, feel free to chck them out.
Rail section:
Besides the vintage northeast (E-L, etc), I have some from San Francisco & the west, incl. a trip in Mexico in 1975-76
Pix of the northwest (Portland/Seattle and the BCR Royal Hudson steam train) ~1976, also the SP #4449 in San Fran as the Freedom Train (12/75), and some misc regional shots of that time.
Transit section:
Mostly vintage shots, especially PCC (& other trolleys), Newark, San Fran, Boston (big Boston collection), and a few from Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Vera Crux (Mexico), etc., plus vintage CSS&SB orange cars from '77.
Also the demolished Boston El, and some sets of NYC transit from those days.
The newest pix will come later (NJ Transit, NYC, CT), but I already have some on the site.
Museum section: Old & new from the CW, Rio Vista museum (CA), Scranton, etc.

Anyway, hope you will enjoy these as much as the time & effort to put these up, and it was quite a bit of fun too while doing it.
Best regards, Frank Florianz

http://viewoftheblue.com/photography/

Please always link to that home page so I can track visitors & bandwidth, and feel free to add the link to any other lists of railfan sites,
  by frank754

Anyway, since I put up my shots from 1969-2010 on my site: http://viewoftheblue.com/photography/
I hadn't really paid attention to the off-color of a lot of those, as I had an old monitor and couldn't really tell,
in the past month I've re-photoshopped nearly 1000 pictures, as well as added a links page and some pdf timetable scans, more stuff to come when I get the time.
There should now be nearly 2500 pix on the site.
As you may recall, the main items I have on there are E-L (1969-72), some NYC transit, some MUNI, and other transit systems in more vintage days. Feel free to pass this on.