• MARC Service on Black Friday ?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by peconicstation

Will MARC be running on the day after Thanksgiving ?

I know in the past service on this day ran following the "S" schedule, but note on the timetables lists the day after Thanksgiving as a day when
MARC does not run.

The MARC website however only lists Thanksgiving Day itself as a day when MARC will not be running.

Thanks

Ken
  by realtype

peconicstation wrote:Will MARC be running on the day after Thanksgiving ?

I know in the past service on this day ran following the "S" schedule, but note on the timetables lists the day after Thanksgiving as a day when
MARC does not run.

The MARC website however only lists Thanksgiving Day itself as a day when MARC will not be running.

Thanks

Ken
I'm not sure. They weren't supposed to run on Veterans Day either, but operated on an S schedule this year (likely because it was during the week i.e. not Mon or Fri).
  by peconicstation

I reached a person on the phone yesterday, and she said it is fustrating to them as employees, as they do not know yet.

For me, I am winding up spending Thanksgiving with the in-laws, who live in Baltimore (no further comment on that), and for Friday we figured on going to DC.

Ken
  by peconicstation

We have the answer.

MARC November Holiday Schedule 2010
November 24
Penn: There will be an additional midday train departing Washington at 2:50pm making all stops to Perryville.

Brunswick: Train 877 (4:55PM departure) will make all regular stops and will include Gaithersburg and Germantown.

Camden: Train 852 (5:51PM departure) will be canceled. Instead an earlier train will depart Washington at 2:00PM making all stops to Camden.

November 25 (Thanksgiving Day)
NO SERVICE

November 26
NO SERVICE

Thank you for riding MARC Train Service.
  by davinp

Back by Popular Demand, VRE will operate the "S" schedule on Black Friday