• Mainline frequencies (Attleboro line)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

CSx last week wrote this for a response to the control and territory question:

Amtrak Terminal Train Dispatcher: South Station to western limits of Cove Interlocking

Amtrak Corridor Dispatcher: West of Cove Interlocking to East sie of Junction Interlocking

Amtrak Main Line Dispatcher: Junction Interlocking to , I believe Cranston

now, is the whole NEC from Providence to Boston 160.9200? Because now that i realized it, i never hear the dispatcher in boston when he talks to trains in like readville or before Canton Junction, etc. Is it because the Dispatcher radio signal only goes as far as the train is?

by apodino

Yes 162.920 is the frequency for the whole Line. Taking it a step further, the frequency covers the NEC from South Station, all the way to State St. Station in New Haven where Metro North takes over until shell interlocking.
  by CSX Conductor

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote: Is it because the Dispatcher radio signal only goes as far as the train is?
There are multiple 'base stations' and repeaters along the entire line so that better reception can exist no matter where on the line the train is. After-all it would be a heck of a powerful radio if it could transmit from Boston to New London, Ct. by itself. lol

by CRail

162.92? 160.92 you mean? They do have a south station freq 160.635.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

what is the south station frequency used for?

by apodino

CRail wrote:162.92? 160.92 you mean? They do have a south station freq 160.635.
My mistake, that was a simple typo on my part.

by CSX Conductor

Could that be the Old Colony channel? Not sure on the frequency # for scanners. If it is, that would not be for South Station, but rather for south of Tower One.