• IHC in trouble?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by scopelliti

A friend mentioned that he heard IHC had suddenly closed its doors. Website returns an Apache error. Not good...

by CIOR

I haven't heard, but it wouldn't shock me.

by Otto Vondrak

What's with all these rumors of model train companies suddenly closing its doors? Why not call up IHC in Philadelphia and find out?

-otto-

by CIOR

Otto Vondrak wrote:What's with all these rumors of model train companies suddenly closing its doors? Why not call up IHC in Philadelphia and find out?

-otto-
Otto,
Rumors are life. LOL

But it could be a failure to reup the website. Never know.

by scopelliti

My source mentioned failed telephone calls, etc. I was the one who checked the website. And he mentioned it to me Friday evening, so I really haven't had a chance to call or otherwise check (holiday, remember? Or have y'all had too much nog? <GRIN>)

BTW.. what the heck is "nog"?

by Ken S.

Website's working now

by Camelback

Atlas shut down their bulletin board the week after Christmas. I assume they also gave the employees the week off. It might be the same thing at other model railroad companies. The three months before Christmas model railroad companies -- especially those who sell trains -- are very busy. It wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of them shut down for a week after Christmas.
  by Komachi

As Charlie Brown would put it, "Good grief!" Too many rumors lately, but then again there have been many mergers, buyouts, etc. lately too. Still, I think I'm going to support the "on Christmas hiatus" crowd.

scopelliti,

'nog is slang for egg nog (shortened version).

by scopelliti

Oh, I know 'nog' is short for 'egg nog', but still.. what the hey is "nog'? Is there coffee nog, malt nog, etc.?

by scopelliti

FWIW, I just received an order from IHC placed on Jan 4 (or so), so they seems to be in business.