• Old B&M Bridge Const. Lowell

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by lcrprez

They have been repairing old freight spur bridge that goes over Pawtucket canal to Jackson street spur. The old bridge looks like it could see traffic again. Lowell is building new court houses on this property and i think this line will be rehabed for trolley traffic. Anybody know whats happening.
  by BandM4266

lcrprez wrote:They have been repairing old freight spur bridge that goes over Pawtucket canal to Jackson street spur. The old bridge looks like it could see traffic again. Lowell is building new court houses on this property and i think this line will be rehabed for trolley traffic. Anybody know whats happening.
The Bridge will not be used for future Trolley expansion from my understanding, the future of the Trolley line will be on the far side of the Swamp Locks gate house. The Bridge in question will have an added archway between the missing span to allow National Park boat tours to acess the canal and the bridge will be a pedestrian walkway.