Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

by ohioriverrailway

In Mid-September we rode #2 from Vancouver to Winnipeg, then resumed the journey two days later to Toronto.

Details of the trip at http://domus946.powweb.com/trip/index.htm
  by timberley

Thanks for posting! It sounds like you had quite the trip. Your trip report was great to read, and the pictures were lovely. It just reminds me again of how badly I want to make that trip! I've always found VIA Rail to be a pleasure to travel with, and I know that the overnight trip of The Ocean between Halifax and Montreal (especially in the old Budd equipment) is a great experience, so I expect The Canadian would be very much alike (just a few days longer, and with some much more breathtaking scenery!)
  by jp1822

Are VIA's Panorama Cars still assigned to the Canadian at this time? Hard to tell in this picture, but curious as to what their next assignment will be.....
  by ohioriverrailway

jp1822 wrote:Are VIA's Panorama Cars still assigned to the Canadian at this time? Hard to tell in this picture, but curious as to what their next assignment will be.....
Vancouver to Edmonton as of the middle of September.