• Knox & Lincoln Railroad

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by Reeds Pass

Good day everyone ! I am looking for a map of the route that the KNOX & LINCOLN Railroad had thru Sagadahoc & Lincoln counties in 1891. I know it was purchased by Maine Central, and they modified it .But I woul like to see a map of the original rail routes. Any one out there with a suggestion ?
thanks-
Reeds Pass :-)
  by jaymac

If you haven't already gone Google, you might want to. It looks like there are enough hits to profitably burn a couple of hours.
  by Reeds Pass

google research came up with a lot, but not in MAINE.......... still looking. :-)
  by sullboat

Not sure if you found your answer or not, but I came across this post doing some research. The K&L was built in 1871 from Woolwich to Rockland. MEC didn't modify the route, but did add a bridge to cross the Kennebec River to Bath in 1927 which might be what you're referring to. The line became the Rockland Branch of the Maine Central http://www.sullboat.com/rockland.htm and is now the Maine Eastern.
  by Watchman318

Nice sites, Sullboat. Many of those postcards and other images are ones I've never seen before.
Good stuff. :-)