• Consist help

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by atsf sp

I was in Braddock, PA just east of Pittsburgh and I saw a autorack train pulled by a c40-8, with trailing units cw40-8 4 gp units with 2 in yn3 and 2 in yn2, and 3 GE B units either B30, B36, or slugs headed westbound. I need help on the numbers of the engines in this consist. Some of the GPs were GP38-2s.
  by Noel Weaver

atsf sp wrote:I was in Braddock, PA just east of Pittsburgh and I saw a autorack train pulled by a c40-8, with trailing units cw40-8 4 gp units with 2 in yn3 and 2 in yn2, and 3 GE B units either B30, B36, or slugs headed westbound. I need help on the numbers of the engines in this consist. Some of the GPs were GP38-2s.
Of course I can't help you here in Florida but I can suggest to you and others who collect engine numbers, bring a small
battery powered tape recorder with you and read the numbers on tape. I often have trouble down here with trains with as
few as four engines on them so I can understand your situation.
Noel Weaver
  by atsf sp

I know all the tricks. The problem was I was across the Mononghalea River so there was no possible way for me to even read the numbers.
  by ckwwestshore

That is genius Noel! I'll try it! I've always shot every unit, and deleted the photos after I logged the train in. That gets to be a pain as I shoot in RAW!