• Paterson:DL&W Station

• Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.
Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.

Moderator: blockline4180

by MickD

Does anyone know of any online photos available of the station at the foot of Garrett Mountain?Weren't there some on the old Railroad.net?

by MickD

Gravely,
Thanks!!This was the link I was looking for.
Have A Happy Holiday,
Mick

by Tri-State Tom

grave -

Good get....that's one of the better pics ( of few ) of that area particularly since it's looking RR east.

Is that distant overpass still in place and what road is that ? It looks fairly new/modern at this date and wondering if it survived when the freeway was built....

Obviously a 3rd track as just been yanked and appears a 4th thru here once existed.

by cjvrr

My Dad took that photo. There is one more at the link below, as well as some others he took that day in Passaic and the connection between the Erie line and the DL&W in Paterson.

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi? ... k-12-23-02

You will see in the second photo, the track at the left side of the first photo has been lifted just west of the station.

The bridge in the background was removed when Route 80 was constructed. I think Squirrelwood Road is just west of the station, but went under the tracks, I could be wrong though.

Not sure if it was the same day, but my Dad got the milepost off the end of the DL&W bridge over the Passaic River. I think it is #17. He worked as an engineer for the contractor that built Route 80 through here.

Chris

by MickD

Chris,
Do you know what year the station stopped being staffed.The credits say your Dad took there in '63&it looks like the station had been boarded up
for awhile.I used to work in South Paterson&remember back in the '80's
something of the stairwell on the W/B side still being there,leading up to what very,very little was still left of the right of way.These are GREAT
photos

Mick

by MickD

I also recall the E/B platform and lamp post or two still being at Passaic
Park across from those very same apartments in the early'80's.Don't
know how much longer after that they survived.

by cjvrr

Unfortunately no. My Dad wasn't a big railfan then, but took pictures just for posterity. He also took pictures of the remains of the Morris Canal though that area of Paterson the same day. Figured it would be the last time he had a chance to do so before road construction started, he was right.

Chris

by Idiot Railfan

Chris--

Is there anyplace the Morris Canal photos can be seen?

Thanks

by cjvrr

Although they are scanned they are not posted online and are at my computer at home. If I have an opportunity to post them I will put them up on Webshots. Or if you would like I can send them to you directly. Just email me at [email protected]

Chris