• More Greenbush Problems

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

jees, just ignore the people and build the line!! as the article said, they lose everytime to the T, what makes them think they will win this appeal? when was this project supposed to be completed?

by N.Y. State Of Mind

I don't care for that line. Tha money blown on that project would have brought Boston's rapid transit system up to a state of good repair.

by SnoozerZ49

Isn't it amazing. To bad the money can't be spent on bringing commuter rail that communities that want it like Fall River and New Bedford. I know the NIMBYs and BANANAs ( Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything) in Easton will try and stop that project and we have to protect frogs in the Hockamock swamp but it would be a great project that would aid in the redevopment of part of our state that really needs some help and never seems to get it.

I say let the big shots sit in traffic on Rte 3 in their moster SUVs and BMWs. Get rail transportation to the communities that really need it.
( I realize the Greenbush project is a mandated one tied into the Central Artery project)

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

yea, the NB/FR line should be done before the Greenbush line if it keeps going like this

by ST214

Banana's-I like it!!!

I agree. The money should have instead beed spent on NB/FR. Unfortunatley, the T could not do that. The Greenbush line's reopening was mandated by the Feds in the agreement for funding for the Big Dig, as was the reopening of Plymouth(Now Plymouth/Kingston) and Middleboro(Middleboro/Lakeville).

by trainhq

I think Greenbush was already too far along before the T realized they
were running out of money; they'd already spent nearly $100 million
on it before Mitt came to office, so they would have lost it if they'd
stopped the project after he was elected. The other projects haven't
got that far yet.

by Charliemta

Looks like the Greenbush line is moving ahead again:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articl ... y_project/

by CRail

When will people reallize that railroad right of way is just that, RIGHT OF WAY! and no one can do anything about it. If the trains want tracks, they get tracks. If you moved near old rr tracks, move again or stuff it!

by ST214

Hey crail, that's like the couple a few years back, before the plug ins went in at Fitchburg. They bought a house across from the layover yard and then bitched when the trains ran all night long. They sued the T and they put in the plug-ins. What did they expect, the yard was gonna grow legs and walk away from their house???

by CSX Conductor

Unfortunately sometimes the rr's don't bother putting up a fight though :-(
  by paulrail

The REAL reason that Mr. Bewick AFTA group has been suing the MBTA over the restoration of the Greenbush Line is the fact that his wife, Martha Bewick, owns the comuter boatline company that the T leases for commuter water shuttle service from Hingham to Boston!

Of course they don't want the Greenbush Line restored.......it's COMPETITION! But, it's all under the phony disguise of "saving the environment"......what a crock of s..t. "We're doing it for the children " mentality all the way;....(no,.. it's purely monetary self-interest that's driving the Bewick's and AFTA;..........to hell with the "common good"!)

Enough is enough;.......as the Patriot Ledger said..."it's time to fold 'em"

Paul

by CSX Conductor

Ah-ha! that makes perfectly good sense, thanks for that info Paul. :-)

by efin98

The news was all over the story regarding the Army Corps. of Engineers giving their OK to the project. Let's see, US Army, DEP, DTE, and the project approaching the point of no return? Sorry politicians, but no way they are stopping!

by CRail

now all we need is the court systems and were all set, if judges stopped deliberating and followed the LAW, there would be no court case.

and btw, trains are better for the environment then boats