Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
  by fairlane57

In the movie "Dead Reckoning" (1947), Bogie, in Army uniform, gets rushed off a plane at LaGuardia and to Penn Station (which is now the post office) and with a cohort, gets on a Washington DC-bound train called the "Limited" to meet the President for some war medals . There is a scene where they are in a sleeper compartment with fold-up bunks where his pal drops a brass lapel pin. Then they stop in Philly and a couple of journalists want to snap some photos of Bogie and his pal.
And just as they step on the platform, the other guy slips the other way through the vestible and out onto the tracks and hops on the back of a porch-back Pullman. Bogie chases after them, and conspicuously in the backround is a GG-1.
But two things: The movie shows open air platforms, but not the semi-inside platforms of the Philly station.... I don't get it. Secondly, was there ever such a Northeast Corridor Pennsy train called a "Limited"?

by Schuylkill Valley

Hey 57,
I`m not sure , but I have a friend that worked for the PRR for 35 years he might know I`ll ask him in the morning.

Len.
Ps. what was the name of the movie ???