Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Commuter X

I am "Commuter X", a daily commuter on the LIRR

If it is OK, I would like to occasionally post some of my experiences as a paying customer on The Long Island Rail Road.
  by eon2won1

sure...welcome.....this forum seems very broad. I for one would appreciate your perspective and there are some knowledgable railroaders on here
that might be able to explain some things that may not appear to make much sense when they are happening but ultimately seem very understandable when properly explained.
Last edited by eon2won1 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by ADL6009

be advised this is a forum for Railroad enthusiasists and those interested in the History of the LIRR.
this is not a forum for commuters to Bitch and Moan that the 5:52 to penn was 10 min late two days in a row. if you do that you will find no sympathy here.
you may be more interested in this group: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/LIRRCommuters/
  by MACTRAXX

Just curious: Are you the same "Commuter X" that ran the "I HATE the LIRR" web page some years back?

MACTRAXX
  by Noel Weaver

I agree this is not a place to complain. If you are interested in railroads then welcome. If you are just coming on here to
"moan and groan", then I recommend you go elsewhere.
Noel Weaver
  by Commuter X

ADL6009...

I have no intention about bitching that my train was late 2 days in a row

That being said, I look forward to my monthly edition of Train Talk where I can see what numbers the LIRR has conjured up regarding their on-time statistics for the previous month.

Everyone knows the numbers are BS and in this era of transparency, I would like to know which train has a greater tendency of being late...the 5:52 or the 6:01
Not that the AM on-time rate was 90% for the month

Also, my understanding if a train is cancelled, it is not counted in these numbers. I would like the LIRR to make public the number of cancelled trains per month

If the airlines can give me on-time percentage for each flight, why can't the LIRR?

Commuter X
  by condr

Here we go again. :(
  by eon2won1

I have no intention about bitching that my train was late 2 days in a row

That being said, I look forward to my monthly edition of Train Talk where I can see what numbers the LIRR has conjured up regarding their on-time statistics for the previous month.

Everyone knows the numbers are BS and in this era of transparency, I would like to know which train has a greater tendency of being late...the 5:52 or the 6:01
Not that the AM on-time rate was 90% for the month

Also, my understanding if a train is cancelled, it is not counted in these numbers. I would like the LIRR to make public the number of cancelled trains per month

If the airlines can give me on-time percentage for each flight, why can't the LIRR?
You're right otp is a total sham. That being said I don't think this is the place to air your grievances. No policy decisions being made here.
  by Otto Vondrak

Commuter X wrote:I am "Commuter X", a daily commuter on the LIRR

If it is OK, I would like to occasionally post some of my experiences as a paying customer on The Long Island Rail Road.
Yeah, I'm not really interested in your experiences, especially if you're not willing to sign your real name to your posts. Send your ideas, suggestions, and complaints directly to LIRR Customer Service and dialogue with them directly.

http://www.mta.info/faqs.htm

If you are here to learn, you are more than welcome to join our discussion here. If you're here to offer snarky complaints, we're not really interested.

PM or email me if you have questions.

-otto-