• New York to Atlantic City Service (ACES)

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Matt Johnson

DanD3815 wrote:K this is a dumb question because I'm almost positive it's a no, but do ACES passengers have access to the amtrak acela club lounge??
No, they don't (not even 1st class ACES pax I'm pretty sure). Heck, even most Acela passengers don't have acces to club Acela! Only first class Acela passengers do.
  by Silverliner II

Matt Johnson wrote:
DanD3815 wrote:K this is a dumb question because I'm almost positive it's a no, but do ACES passengers have access to the amtrak acela club lounge??
No, they don't (not even 1st class ACES pax I'm pretty sure). Heck, even most Acela passengers don't have acces to club Acela! Only first class Acela passengers do.
And anybody with first class accomodations (sleeper) tickets.

Also, anybody riding ANY train who has Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus status can use Club Acela.
  by sixty-six

Steampowered wrote:
Wow what attitude, so your saying i should avoid the train all together ? I guess i am not someone who should use, a train. So is that NJT's official stance? they are not a safe way for transport ? So using a the train isnt a form of transport. When you wake up let me know.. take the 541a train out of Manhattan , apparently it would shock you. Apparently you read something i didnt post, i never said it was there responsibility to take care of me.

If i can t do a one seat train ride, i dont do it.
You posted "I would pick train because of regardless of the condition i am in, i will be able to get home safety." I'm saying it's not NJT's job to get you home safely (im guessing you made a typo). It's NJT's job to make sure the train stops where its supposed to. If whatever condition you're in means you miss your stop and don't get home 'til hours later, that's not NJT's fault.

Go ahead, avoid the two-seat ride. You're giving a seat to someone who is glad to have any kind of train service :wink:
  by Ken S.

jimzim66 wrote:
Steampowered wrote:
Wow what attitude, so your saying i should avoid the train all together ? I guess i am not someone who should use, a train. So is that NJT's official stance? they are not a safe way for transport ? So using a the train isnt a form of transport. When you wake up let me know.. take the 541a train out of Manhattan , apparently it would shock you. Apparently you read something i didnt post, i never said it was there responsibility to take care of me.

You posted "I would pick train because of regardless of the condition i am in, i will be able to get home safety." I'm saying it's not NJT's job to get you home safely (im guessing you made a typo). It's NJT's job to make sure the train stops where its supposed to. If whatever condition you're in means you miss your stop and don't get home 'til hours later, that's not NJT's fault.

Go ahead, avoid the two-seat ride. You're giving a seat to someone who is glad to have any kind of train service :wink:
There is nothing wrong with making transfers. In some cases, the transfer may be cheaper then the direct ride. Namely going to Hoboken and getting on the PATH to Manhattan.
  by Steampowered

jimzim66 wrote:
Steampowered wrote:

I think you totally missed the point of my post.
  by sixty-six

Steampowered wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
Steampowered wrote:

I think you totally missed the point of my post.
My apologies if I read your post too literally. Perhaps you can stop being negative in all your posts here and choose words that better describe your point.
  by loufah

Steampowered wrote: Yes but your forgeting the fun factor, alot of people drink
Most of these people take the bus, which is why I take the train (M&E, NEC, Septa, and ACL) to get to Atlantic City. It is quite a schlep, but there are many fewer drunks, people-off-their-meds, and mechanical breakdowns on the train than on Academy or Greyhound.
  by Steampowered

loufah wrote:
Steampowered wrote: Yes but your forgeting the fun factor, alot of people drink
Most of these people take the bus, which is why I take the train (M&E, NEC, Septa, and ACL) to get to Atlantic City. It is quite a schlep, but there are many fewer drunks, people-off-their-meds, and mechanical breakdowns on the train than on Academy or Greyhound.
Right, i was really surprised by the reaction of some of the posters , its like they never road the train on a saturday night . Its like the bar doors close and the train doors open. , i was on a train full of strippers and dancers, i know this because they carry these little suitcases. More then half were medicated in some fashion.
  by Steampowered

jimzim66 wrote:

My apologies if I read your post too literally. Perhaps you can stop being negative in all your posts here and choose words that better describe your point.
Yes in my whopping 14 posts. Maybe i will start to be negative from now on. Because i havent posted anything negative yet, in my opinion.
  by TheTroll

Steampowered wrote: Right, i was really surprised by the reaction of some of the posters , its like they never road the train on a saturday night . Its like the bar doors close and the train doors open. , i was on a train full of strippers and dancers, i know this because they carry these little suitcases. More then half were medicated in some fashion.
How come I never get trains like that? I always get the drunk and disorderly. :P
  by cruiser939

TheTroll wrote:
Steampowered wrote: Right, i was really surprised by the reaction of some of the posters , its like they never road the train on a saturday night . Its like the bar doors close and the train doors open. , i was on a train full of strippers and dancers, i know this because they carry these little suitcases. More then half were medicated in some fashion.
How come I never get trains like that? I always get the drunk and disorderly. :P
So far, I'm finding Steampowered to be a very entertaining poster.
  by nick11a

cruiser939 wrote:
TheTroll wrote:
So far, I'm finding Steampowered to be a very entertaining poster.
I would agree. I would suggest to steampowered, politely, to use capital letters and realize when to use "than" rather than "then." But, besides that, I like your humor thus far. You must be irish.
  by sixty-six

Steampowered wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:

Yes in my whopping 14 posts. Maybe i will start to be negative from now on. Because i havent posted anything negative yet, in my opinion.
I beg to differ.

Please, keep giving us material to chuckle at!