Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

by Bob Sandusky

in Kenwood yard as of today. I'm going to try and get some pictures of her this week.
  by Engineer Spike

I had her assigned to me all last week. I like the 04 because she is one of the better running members of the class, along with the 05, 06, 09, and 10.
  by Adirondack_Ghost

7304 is one of the engines that sometimes switches out Ticonderoga Mill?
(i take in the chemical cars when they show up)
  by Benjamin Maggi

I still see her in Kenwood Yard (2010). Does she ever leave on the local with the orange caboose, and if so when? Or is she used as a yard switcher?
  by Bob Sandusky

Scot:

No idea of where she goes to but I go past the yard at least once a week. Sometimes 04 is there, sometimes 03 sometimes neither. And I can go for weeks at a time without seeing a lightening stripe in the yard (repaints seem to be there quite often too).

Where they go in the mean time I don't know but I like to let people know when the lightening stripes are in the yard in case they want to get pictures. That scheme won't last past their next repaint.

Bob
  by Benjamin Maggi

Figures! I was at the Yard sunday and neither 7303 or 7304 were there. Instead, they had an ex-B&M, ex-Gulford, now poorly patch lettered CP engine (mostly black) filling in! Maybe next week...
  by Bob Sandusky

Saw 7303 behind a couple of red barns on Sunday morning about 10:30 am. I'm going past the place tomorrow I'll let you know if I see her.
  by Bob Sandusky

It was 7304 not 7303 and she was there yesterday both in the morning and at night. Last night she was hooked up to the transfer caboose.
  by Benjamin Maggi

Yesterday night, after leaving work my wife and I were driving home around 5:20PM when we heard the horn as a Northbound train was crossing the first of several roads in Menands. We decided to watch it go by, and sure enough unit #4 was #7304! It seemed out of place, and I haven't seen it hooked up to road trains leaving Kenwood before. Anyway, I didn't have my camera (naturally) so no pictures. Hopefully it will return.
  by Benjamin Maggi

Wow, I wish I knew. I am not a member of the NRHS (living in the M&H region) but I would have joined to ride that train. Do they run them every year?