• NS Doing Trackwork at Paterson Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Butlershops

I saw something refreshing last week - NS track gangs apparently doing some maintenance work at Paterson yard. It is nice to see this.

by trainfreak

Is this the yard you can see from Rt 80 in Paterson? If so who does that yard serve. I know ive seen pellet cars and i saw a local once from Garret Mountain with what looked to be grain cars but i wasnt sure if they were grain cars or not.

by Lackawanna484

Back in Erie days, the yard served as an overflow coach yard, and local freight yard. In Conrail days, the DS would usually refer to it as "Getty Avenue yard." The weedy track adjacent to it, which goes by the Farmers Market, used to be the Erie Main Line with its stret running into downtown Passaic and Carlton Hill.

Don't know who the current shippers are, but there was a steel sheet supplier in the large warehouse for several years

by Tri-State Tom

Paul -

As of about 6-7 years ago there was an intact ex-E-L caboose on site there being used as an office or something....still there ?

by Lackawanna484

Don't know, but I may be in the area tomorrow, and I'll check it out.

Depending on time, I may also swing by Passaic Jct and see if the passenger car mentioned by Blockline 4111 is still there