• Freight Delivery in NHP

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by RRChef

I crossed over NHP Road about an hour ago. There's a car on the siding there. Is this still the same car mentioned above? If it is, why so long?

by jayrmli

Same car...the saga continues! Last I heard, it was a problem with one of the switches in the siding, which needed attention. I haven't heard anything since or whether the problem was fixed.

They may have tried to send a crew there since, but the siding was blocked from the numerous reasons stated above.

Jay

by bingdude

As of about 8 this morning that car was still there.

At least it's only lumber in it and not something like produce or trash :wink:

by RRChef

Maybe they should just push it down to the end of the siding and add it to the collection of rusting Conrail junk there. :P

by Sir Ray

Sir Ray wrote:Anyway, Chesler is on the north side of Nassau Terminal Blvd. - does anyone know if the spur at any time continued further north - perhaps to what used to be AirFlex (?I think), which is now a supermarket.
Sorry to quote myself, but I was in the area Friday and took a quick look (to find that the aforemention car has not made it to Chesler yet - is the State funding this switch repair?) - I did notice that the next building north to Chesler (which I think is Andover? - it was somewhat late at night) had a door which could either be a truck door or a rail freight door (a garage door with one of those black extendable awnings to form a water-repelling seal betwen truck/railcar and dock. Again, I ask does anyone know if the spur went further north past Chesler?

by jayrmli

I seriously doubt the switch went any further past Chesler. It ends up against the building.

Jay

by jayrmli

Wow! Hell hath frozen over. It looks like the Chesler car was spotted! (at least it was off the lead. Maybe Chesler gave up and diverted the car to Florida, where plywood is in great demand again. :wink: )

Jay

by Fla East Coast Chris

Hey Jay !!!
Don't push the Florida subject. Some of us get a little antsy!!! LOL :wink:
Also, I thought you were going to contact me on what we talked about!!! You know where to find me....
Chris

by jayrmli

Sorry Chris, too much work to do and not enough time to do it. Hopefully, Jeanne doesn't hurt too much. You guys have gotten pounded this year!

Jay

by RRChef

I passed by Chesler this evening on my way home from work. The car in question is indeed on Chesler's siding but it was hard to see as their trucks are parked in front of it. It was a little weird seeing a boxcar that far away from the main line.

by jayrmli

So Chesler's trucks are now parking in front of the boxcar? This was always a problem trying to pull the car out of there as well! After every other obstacle in your way to get back there, that one always drove me crazy!

Let's see how long she sits there.

Jay

by Legio X

What's new with this customer? Still having problems with the spur getting blocked?

by RRChef

I have not seen any cars for Chessler since the one in September.

by jayrmli

There was another spotted about two weeks ago. I think this one was in and out with no problems.

Jay

by Legio X

This customer still active?