• Reisterstown, MD Station

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

by n2cbo

Driving down MD 128 a couple of years ago I remember seeing a station in Reisterstown, MD. What RR served this and when was it last used for passenger service?
  by BaltOhio

This was the former Western Maryland Ry. Glyndon station. It's located east of Reisterstown, and although it served as Reisterstown's station, it was actually in its own community, Glyndon, which developed as a separate suburb along the WM's mainline. At one time the station also served a large nearby religious campground called Emory Grove, now also a part of Glyndon. The station was built in the early 1900s and is an architectural duplicate of the also-surviving WM station at Oxford, PA. I believe passenger service ended in 1959, although some WM expert may correct me on that. For what it's worth, a streetcar line that came out Reisterstown Rd. from Baltimore also served the station and Emory Grove.