• Looking for ex-Conrail employee E. Beerwald

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by BR&P

In the 70's I used to have daily telephone contact with Eric Beerwald (sp?) who worked in the CR region headquarters at New Haven. (I used to have to give HQ the daily Yard Situation Report, unofficially known as "the Pack Of Lies report" but that's another story :wink: ). In addition to working for the railroad he was also quite a NH fan. Anybody able to put me in touch with the guy? Thanks!
  by Noel Weaver

It seems to me that this gentleman came out of the ranks of the telegraphers.
Noel Weaver
  by MJRuef

Eric Beerwald did come out of the towers. The people who operate the SONO Switch Tower museum in South Norwalk have a nack for finding old operators. They tracked me down in Wesy Virginia in 2008 for an operator's reunion. So, I would recommend that you contact John Garofalo care of the museum and ask him.