• Official Guest Series Thread

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by efin98

Once again you are making excuses and reiterated again that you have done nothing. You think too highly of yourself, you really are too fargone for anything to get through to you...

And I don't blame the T or whomever else is trying to get your website shut down. It is borderline libelous. Your accusations(yep, just accusations) have little backing, just long winded excuses do not provide backing for your conclusions. With all of your "research" or whatever you call it over the years you would have at least bothered to back up your statements, instead you backtrack then blame something else or someone else for your failure to back up your stance.

by BadTransit.com

It all comes from the news (and we have done our own research on a few things) and includes our commentary.

I thought there would be more questions here. Anyone?

by efin98

BadTransit.com wrote:It all comes from the news (and we have done our own research on a few things) and includes our commentary.

I thought there would be more questions here. Anyone?
I guess you research must be alot better than the newspapers and news stations in Boston because none are reporting the outlandish things you are... But seeing that you get your information from them I don't know how you can come to outlandish possitions compared to the news statons and newspapers without blowing stories out of proportion just to fill up space. By the looks of the articles on your website, it's exactly that. Space filling based around small bits of secondhand information...

by BC Eagle

Who exactly has pressured you to close down your website? How have they done so?

by BadTransit.com

I can't say right now. Probably should not have made a reference to that.

The majority of our readers are very supportive and get the message. There are a few who have other opinions. I think the intensity of these are a direct reflection of the personal importance that the system be kept just the way it is. When challenging opinions come along, they get shot down.

That's the way things work (or don't). :)

by efin98

BadTransit.com wrote:I can't say right now. Probably should not have made a reference to that.
In other words, you brought it up to try to drum up some sympathy beacause you overstepped the means of legally saying what is right and what is not right. Nice try leaking that information but you will probably get little sympathy for that.
When challenging opinions come along, they get shot down.

That's the way things work (or don't). :)

When they are justified they don't. When they are unjustified and unwarrented attacks they are not. For someone who is supposedly getting heat for what you are doing you yourself have been doing the exact same thing to anybody who bothers to challenge what you say. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
  by Porter Sq

Whats is up with the website not much has been going on in the last few months?

by ckb

Look, I think the website is poorly designed and the writing is often a bit over the top, but I think a lot of what he presents is true. You can't make up the pictures about the faulty electric wiring, or the fact that the silver line bus shelters are useless, or the fact that the subway station elevators are disgusting. The Globe really does a quite awful job of following up on its transportation stories (anyone remember the article from the summer about the E-line car that wouldn't stop at Symphony so the passengers pulled the emergency brake? Starts and stops said they would publish an update. I sure don't remember seeing one. Just an example)

Furthermore, badtransit does provide the system status box on the main page (www.mbta.com just says when it was last updated -- who cares ... I want to know if the update affects my commute).

Also, I WOULD like to see more police riding the subway (or major buses) rather than driving around. I ride the #1 on a regular basis. Other regular riders all know the few crazies who can inhabit our bus (especially in the winter). Wouldn't it be nice if a T police officer rode along for a few blocks even just once a month so there was some presence? And I also am skeptical of so many levels of management. And the fact that I see busses and subway cars running without advertisement revenue in their spots for placards. I think the attitude of Bad Transit can be a little much, but I think the accusatory tone that some posters on this thread have taken is more than a little much.

(edited for typos)

by BadTransit.com

Thanks everyone for the opportunity to answer your questions and I very much appreciate the invitation of the moderator.

Best wishes to all of you.

Mark Richards
Editor
BadTransit.com

by Robert Paniagua

BadTransit.com wrote:Thanks everyone for the opportunity to answer your questions and I very much appreciate the invitation of the moderator.

Best wishes to all of you.

Mark Richards
Editor
BadTransit.com
You're welcome, anytime.

And with that it is now time for me to close down this official Guest Series Topic.

Thank you all.