• Falls Road Excursion Trains

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by arnstg

Too bad you don't run excursions in July or August when I go to see old friends in Buffalo. I always finagle them into to going to some rail site like the A&A or other rail site. The trip sounds great but, alas, I won't be there at the times you are listing.

Sorry, Jerry

by Don

Check the link for July/Aug. dates
Don
  by nick plate

Same thing I was just going to say.Most excursions other then Summer, but a couple of interesting July and August trips listed.
  by med-train

The coaches are not airconditioned. We ran summer trains in 1998 & '99 and sweltered. On one trip we gave out free water because of the high temps. If we can fill our current schedule, we hope to get airconditioning on some of the cars. :P

by nessman

Just grab a few CryoTrans cars from Brockport for the July/August excursions! :wink:

by joshuahouse

Is there really enough market for 4 Senior Tour groups or are they already booked?
  by med-train

Some are already booked; however, there is room for more buses.
We schedule the dates to encourage interest and then try to channel groups to scheduled dates.
This is a good market that takes work to let groups know about the opportunities. The seniors are usually impressed with the ride and the museum tour. It is far better than most expect to see. They have often been to small "Depot Museums" and can not believe the size of this one.