• wrapped type 7's

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by ST214

I can't find the thread, so we'll start a new one.

3667-clorox bleach

by Zaphod

3659,3654 - Bacardi "Unleash the Party"
3601 - MagicalFruit.org

by DelawareHudson

3601 is now Coors Light. There is another Coors Light one that I just saw today, in fact at first I thought it was 3601, but it was a different number...I think it's 3676, but I am not positive. There is also at least one other Bacardi one, maybe 3694? I need a memory check on that one, too.

by jwhite07

The T seems to be in the middle of a transition to some new ad wrap clients. A couple of weeks ago there were five Bacardi wraps, one Clorox, one Magical Fruit, and maybe a couple of others. Recently at least two Coors Light wraps have showed up (including one that replaced the Magical Fruit ad on 3601) and at least one Red Baron Pizza ad wrap. Not sure if all five Bacardis are still out there, or if some have been replaced with another ad. I've pretty much given up trying to keep up. :wink:

All of the ad wraps are 3650-3699 series Type 7s, except for 3601 which used to be in the experimental scheme and has apparently not had an opportunity to get repainted to silver/teal again like 3600 did. I've never seen ad wrap on a 3700-series Type 7, nor does it appear that there are any active Boeings with ad wrap (although there have been in the past).

I suspect Signore Battista Farina would spin in his grave if an ad wrap were ever applied to a Type 8!
  by octr202

With all those angles and lights and lowered windows, what would you even get for a wrapped Type 8? There doesn't seem to be much in the way of flat area on those cars to stick much of an ad, since we can't go over the windows anymore (thank God!).

by DelawareHudson

I got confirmation today - 3676 is Coors Light (I trained my poor girlfriend well - she called me on her way to class just to tell me she saw it). :wink:

Also saw 3689 with an Adidas wrap, for the Marathon I think. I'm thinking 3689 may have been the Red Sox one until recently, but until we get all of them listed in one thread to be sure, I'll wait and see if anyone else's memory is better than mine.

by ST214

Also, all wrapped cars i saw Sunday(Several Bacardi's, the Clorox, and the Coors cars, DID NOT have the windows wrapped. :D

by jwhite07

3676 is a "new victim" - it was in ratty-looking original green/white when I noted seeing it a couple of weeks ago.

3689 was one of the Bacardi cars, now apparently re-wrapped for Adidas. The other Bacardi cars are/were 3654, 3659, 3694, and 3695. 3667 is/was the Clorox car.

Of the 3650-3699 series cars, 3650, 3651, 3652, 3653, 3661, 3665, and 3682 have had extensive carbody work and were then repainted in silver and teal. They probably aren't as likely to get ad-wrapped as the T's practice seems to be to ad-wrap only those cars that still need bodywork and/or repainting.

3657 and 3672 are scrapped, and 3666 is out of service and on the scrap list, so don't bother looking for them!

So that's, what, 40 cars in the likely ad-wrap pool (41 if 3601 doesn't make it back to the paint booth soon)... oh, and I think 3646 is the sole remaining 3600-3649 series car still in original green/white, so I suppose it could be a candidate too.

Hmmm... maybe they oughta start ad-wrapping a few 0600s to hold them together until the 0700s come in?!
  by efin98

octr202 wrote:With all those angles and lights and lowered windows, what would you even get for a wrapped Type 8? There doesn't seem to be much in the way of flat area on those cars to stick much of an ad, since we can't go over the windows anymore (thank God!).
A shame for the T, a blessing for those who have to ride in the rolling ads :wink:

by DelawareHudson

Also, all wrapped cars i saw Sunday(Several Bacardi's, the Clorox, and the Coors cars, DID NOT have the windows wrapped.
I think the only ones that ever had the windows wrapped were the earliest Bacardi ones, which are the among the oldest ones. The window portion of those which ever did wear it was removed after 9/11, IIRC, and none has had it done since.

by BC Eagle

How long was the 3601 Magical Fruit Ad around? I only noticed it for the first time a few weeks ago and now it's been replaced. As for the others, I noticed Coors and Red Barron pizza for the first time last week on the B Line.

by vanshnookenraggen

The first time I saw one of those Coors trains I thought, "Now there is the real Silver Line!". Hehehe.
  by Gregger2

jwhite07 has it as my list shows. Good job.

by Gregger2

Does anyone know how mutch money it might cost to have a car wraped?

by ST214

3695 is now decorated, partially at least, for Captain Morgan rum, but this doesn't look like wrap. It looks like paint. It doesen't peel and bubble like the wrap, and it is smooth. Are they glossing them now, or is this painted on????

BTW, 3694 is in some kind of yellow wrapping. And there is still at least one Bacardi wrapped car around. Saw it, but didn't catch the #.

Are we taking bets on when we will see our first wrapped Type 8??