• Westbound EB vs Westbound CZ

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by saysto

I'm planning on taking either the Westbound Empire Builder or the Westbound Cal. Zephry. If i take the EB im planning on staying at the Isaak Walkton and doing some skiiing, if I take the CZ im gonna stay at the Devils Thumb Ranch and ski it up. Is the scenary pretty much missed if you take the EB westbound? Does anyone have a preferance on scenary of one train or the other? Or would it be worth it to take the Eastbound EB over the Westbound Zephr?

Thanks for your input.

by Gilbert B Norman

WB #5, no question whatever.

All too great a possibility that #6 will descend the Rockies after dark.

by AmtrakFan

Tough one the EB has the safer OTP the CZ with UP they don't do too well. With the Senery 5 Hands down.

AmtrakFan

by saysto

So the CZ seems to be the way to go. I've never done the EB so dont know how good the scenary is up there.

Anyone suggest a particular side of the train if getting a std room?

by RMadisonWI

The Empire Builder has pretty good scenery through Glacier Park, but during the winter, it is only visible eastbound (and the question was regarding westbound).

Also, there's really no way to tell which side of the train your room will be on until you board. It depends on which way the car was facing when they put the consist together.