• Julie in the NY Times

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by efin98

Nice to put a face to the name, and nice to see that the name "Julie" wasn't taken out of thin air by some marketing firm (no offense to anybody in that business).

by Gilbert B Norman

Also of note, at least to this 'elder statesman" Member, is that she is as attractive 'in personna' as she is "in vocis'.

By no means will any "professional voice talent' represent the salvation of Amtrak, but whoever made the decision to select Ms. Stinneford, deserves a "kudo' for the priceless public realtions she brings to Amtrak.

Also of interest, and which we will likely never know, is to what extent is Ms. Stinneford contractually limited to perform other services for other concerns. I would presume she is limited from doing any kind of "voice over' work that could be deemed inimical to Amtrak's interests.

Enquiring mind wants, but reasonably does not expect, to know.

On that point, I can recall once reading that an actor in a kids TV show, Captain Video (that was "back in my day"), simply could not find other acting roles after the show folded. Sometimes characters become the real life actor - a point hardly lost upon actors that find either they or their part 'written out' of any serial production (i.e. 'soaps').

by LI Loco

She's a 41-year old mom with two young boys. If they like trains, they should consider themselves lucky to have her as a mom. :wink:

by Greg Moore

I like Julie.

And I discovered something interesting last week.

During "reasonable hours (say 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM) the service was preceeding all calls with a message about holiday travel etc.

However, as I was up at 4:00 AM trying to determine how late I'd get into Toledo, I was calling Julie to get an update.

And found that during "early hours" they dispense with the pre-amble. Someone probably (and I think rightly so) figured that at that hour of morning your typical traveller was more concerned with getting to the nitty gritty information, not the other stuff.

Kudos to Amtrak on this.