• Op-Ed piece and reaction

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Greg Moore

http://www.lincolntribune.com/modules/n ... toryid=330

Once again an op-ed piece basically saying, "Amtrak has to fix itself."

Now first what I love about pieces like this is they seem to think that Amtrak is intentionally broken and that some single magic cure will "fix everything." It shows a complete lack of understanding of the issue. (This is not to say that there is not necessarily valid criticism of Amtrak and the way it runs itself.)

What I found more interesting though were the replies. So far to a T they disagree with the op-ed piece. I think this shows there's support for Amtrak out there, despite what many politicians seem to want to believe.

by RMadisonWI

My comment is the second one on the list below the article.
  by Gilbert B Norman

MODERATOR'S NOTE

This op-ed piece is drawn from the recent report by DOT Inspector General. We have active discussion here at the Forum regarding such atanother thread.

Please do not misunderstand, Mr. Moore; you acted in good faith. However, I would like to consolidate discussion of this topic at one thread.

Accordingly, this thread is locked. You are welcome to resubmit this material at that thread.

GBN