• Any people have good enough photos for Railpictures.net

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

by njtmnrrbuff

RP.net's standards are very high, and we can't change that. I have had a lot accepted and a lot rejected too.

Unfortunately, administration has been treating me very poorly. They have been nasty to me, and I don't appreciate it.the majority of my shots that I submitted were not up to their standards. I had the elite membership for awhile, but because I have had so many rejections, they dropped me, which I think isn't the best idea. Not only was my elite membership dropped, but I can't post on the forums, and can't submit pics.

I'm basically banned for not being abusive.
  by mxdata

I still don't see the benefit of having your best photography displayed in the middle of a bunch of advertising clutter. :(

MX
  by Trainman101

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:RP.net's standards are very high, and we can't change that. I have had a lot accepted and a lot rejected too.

Unfortunately, administration has been treating me very poorly. They have been nasty to me, and I don't appreciate it.the majority of my shots that I submitted were not up to their standards. I had the elite membership for awhile, but because I have had so many rejections, they dropped me, which I think isn't the best idea. Not only was my elite membership dropped, but I can't post on the forums, and can't submit pics.

I'm basically banned for not being abusive.
Little confused njt, i noticed they accepted 2 photos a day before this post and they still kicked you out?
  by EMTRailfan

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:Yes. I wonder if there's someone other than administration I should complain to.
Good luck with that. Admin.=Site owners.
  by The Rat

The one huge mistake that you people are missing is that you think the screeners are mature adults who screen images based on their quality.

The screeners like to have their egos smoozed. They all think that they are in a class above all other railfans. You ever look at the comments on a screeners image? The comments are enough to make me puke!

Send them your hard earned money to become an RPElite member, Kiss their butts, and you'll get images on there.

"RP.net has high standards? Don't make me laugh!

The Rat
  by The Rat

Who you are "does" impact your chances of getting a photo accepted or rejected.

AB2 has been quoted in the past as doing such.

AB2 had an image all lined up at Lilly, PA. Raced the train from the Curve to that spot, and found one thing. Me in his spot. He looked at me and said, "The OCS is coming". No crap, why does this dolt think I'm here? To shoot butterflies?

I went home soon afterwards, the weather had turned, uploaded the image, and it was accepted. Later that day, AB2 accepted his own image. It was a piece of crap. The underframe of the F's was too dark and the trains passenger cars were obstructed. From that day on, it was a battle for me to get an image accepted.

I had gotten some of the most ridiculous rejections. Finally I told them to shove their site up their butt.

You have to remember, your not dealing with professionals. These people sit on the toilet to take a crap just as you and I do.

They cannot keep their personal preferences on photography out of their decisions.

Bad Cropping? Thats the screener telling you that he would have framed the image a different way. But when the screener has no idea what is outside the borders of the image, where do they get off making that summation?

The Rat
  by EMTRailfan

The Rat wrote:Check out this Yahoogroup.

It will give you the skinny on RP.net and you can view the T.W.I.R.P's

"The Worst Images on RailPictures"

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/RPnetTruth/

See the worst for yourself.

The Rat

Are you serious? You are calling THAT a Yahoo group? It looks more like your own personal diary. With the exception of maybe 20 posts, the rest of them are yours (although the other 3 members are probably aliases of yourself anyway). Who are you talking to, yourself? It looks like the group is 'owned' by Hitler, and he screens every post before it gets added (I take it you need that power trip?). If a message is anti-RP, Rat Hitler posts the message. If not, the message doesn't get posted, and the author gets banned from your so-called group of 1.
Dear Diary,
Today I found this "T.W.I.R.P." on RP.net. I submitted one just like it when I was a member, but it got rejected. Boo hoo, why doesn't anyone like me?
Yours truly,
Micky Mouse
If I remember correctly, you were banned from the RP forums for being an dickhead there too, so then you took your own photos from the site, and went running home to mommy.

BTW, I am NOT an Elite Member. Therefore, my Pittsburgh photo that is linked in your so-called "group of 1" doesn't fit the bill for your Elite Members get preferential treatment campaign. Thanks for the 4 extra views though. Get a life, whiner!