• Montreal CN Steel Challenge 2009

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

by Montrealrail

Last saturday,in old port of Montreal.
I was asked for photograph the event and I keep some good shots I can use to show you in video the ambiance of this wonderfull day
Let's do liitle visite in the 8866 SD70M2

control panel

and a video of the event,at the end,you will see the motor of the SD70M2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vIJe3cx088
  by MissisquoiValleyRR

Thanks!

How often do trains run through that tourist-filled area?
  by SLR 393

Any idea what time the trains run on the branch?

I caught power heading from CN up to Hochelaga around 0900 one morning last August. Is that pretty normal?
  by Montrealrail

It's normal

the only thing,this train have no scedule,cause it's on request sometime,but one I can tell is on the scedule is on Longue Pointe sub 9 pm east direction and midnight on westbound and it's the switcher doing the raffinery jub..

some time in the morning,around 8 or 9 O-clock am,you can get the 783 Ultra-train,westbound,probably that one you seen..
  by SLR 393

Thanks. We are trying to figure out when we are coming up for our next visit, and of course, we will be going to Hobby Junction and railfanning!