• Looking for a few engines...

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by mavrick0

My uncle and I are heading down the US next week for a train watching vacation and there are a few engines we'd like to see if we can. What we are looking for is the WP & Katy Heritage units as well as the Olympic units. So if anyone know's where there are running or sitting it would be greatly appreciated.
  by Encoder2002

It looks like those engines are in the Chicago area right now. That could change tomorrow though. Good Luck
  by mavrick0

Well with the luck of the Train gods we found the WP and Katy at a west end yard in Chicago as well as 2 CNW's that have yet to be patched. Unfortunetly I didn't get pics as they were blocked by some freight in the yard but my uncle did so I'll post when I can. For now here's just a small sellection of the 1200 I took with a few special pics. http://www.flickr.com/photos/14039104@N ... 743425828/