• Ten Years

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

by ns2110

Just a reminder, today was ten years that Conrail has been gone. I'm surprised that nobody else beat me to this.
  by Noel Weaver

Not much to celebrate on this topic. Something that did not have to happen and should not have happened.
Noel Weaver
  by ns2110

Trust me, there was no celebration, just remembrance of a great railroad.
  by atsf sp

Wow its already been that long. I still remember eating by the tracks and watching Conrail freights, now I sit in the same place and all I see is CSX.
  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

Did anybody go up to the RRM of PA Conrail event?
  by ns2110

I would have loved to have gone to the event only I didn't know about it until the very last minute. There was no mention of it over at RYPN which surprised me. I would have liked to have seen an SD60I at the Strasburg Railroad but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
  by Big Bri

I went.It was pretty damn cool if I do say so........
NS 6757(x5644)SD-60I "CRQ"
NS 7211(x4119)SD-80MAC "HH"
and
NS 7581 GEVO
These 3 units were displayed out back and were open to the public to walk thru or just sit inside.
Click on this link:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php
And you'll see just what a stellar job the CRHS did in making the 5644 look Beautiful!!
Lot's of Kiosk's with guys selling ton's of CR memorabilia.But it was the Penn Central T-shirt that sold me!!
Sorry,at 46 I grew up with the PC.The E-44's and GG-1's are etched in my memory banks from seeing them in action in the 70's.

All in all,CR Days was a rousing Success!

Bri